Learning For Life (LFL) – Free classes for life enrichment taught by experts from the church and community. (Not for school credit)
Classes are offered in five or six-week terms on Sunday nights from 6:00-7:00 pm.
There will be a light meal, at no charge, at 5:30 pm, furnished by Concerned Women, Inc. of Grovetown.
Dates of next term: October 28, November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9
There will be programs and activities for children and youth of parents who are attending classes. If you are bringing children with you, please let us know their names and ages in the form below.
Some classes may be limited in number of participants. Sign up early since participants will be accepted by date of registration.
Next Term Classes:
- Computer Lab—Microsoft Programs: Whether you have no knowledge or some knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc., you will find this class helpful. You will learn to navigate the symbols on your tool bar, bar, make charts and spreadsheets, add references, etc. This class is limited to six.
- Knitting/Crocheting: If you know nothing about knitting or crocheting, or if you know the basics, come participate in this fun group. Perhaps what you learn will solve some of your gift-giving problems for Christmas. If you’re already an expert, come share in the group experience.
- Parenting: You will learn from an experienced parenting expert who has served the CSRA for over thirty years. She will help you understand such things as why kids act the way they do, how to talk to kids so they’ll listen, how to encourage kids, and how to eliminate temper tantrums. You will identify your parenting style and how it relates to your success or failure as a parent. All parents want to be good parents, so come enhance your parenting skills.
- Practical Painting: Do you have a room in your house that needs painting, but don’t know how to start? Could the outside of your house use a little spiffing up with a new coat of paint? This class will show you how. You’ll learn how to select the right paint for the job, which brush to use, what materials you need, and you’ll get to put the techniques you learn into practice.
- You may also register by phoning 706.651.1177. If no one answers, please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call.
Please fill out the form below: